Sunday, March 24, 2013

Cross Country.....

Day 1
So I begin my journey on the road once again. Leaving Florida and my community is always the hardest part. I'm heading to Medford, Oregon to start a 13 week assignment. This road trip will take me about a week and have me arriving the night before starting work. It is about 6pm Sunday, March 3, 2013, I am leaving late due to a very important Darius Rucker concert with my sweet friend Suzette. It seems like there is always a great concert hindering my travel plans. As I drive tonight my cry to God is that He would use me as He see's fit not letting this journey go in vain.
 
Day 2
Monday morning waking up in Dothan, Alabama after 6 hours of sleep. I have 2 different breakfasts scheduled and less than an hour in between to visit with my best friend who is battling cancer. She is by far the hardest part about leaving because within 3 days of her 40th birthday her body requires a feeding tube so she get the nutrition it needs while receiving chemotherapy. After a sweet time of chatting and praying, I'm on the road again with tears rolling down my face and sorrow in my heart about my inability to be there holding my friends hand as she enters into surgeries and the uncertainty of her future. I am thankful today that God is strong in our weakness.
I arrive in Ft Smith, Arkansas around 10pm and 720 miles later to be greeted by a guy named Eddie, whom I've never met. My great friend Amanda has kindly arranged lodging for me tonight with I assume one of her old boyfriends. He is a very hospitable Florida boy with an extra room and bathroom. Though I sleep with my pepper spray and pocketknife just to be on the safe side.
Thanks again Eddie for the futon, hot shower, and well not being a creeper.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment